Listen. Engage. Learn.
The CBDC Conference is the meeting point on Central Bank Digital Currency for delegates from central banks, retail banks, solution providers, academia and other areas.
The conference agenda will examine CBDC from three different perspectives:
When embarking on a CBDC project, a central bank must be clear on what it wants to achieve. It should ask itself a series of questions, for example:
- What is the fundamental motivation to implement a CBDC? What problem is being solved? What does success look like?
- What is the role of the central bank in a world with CBDC?
- How will the CBDC function in the wider national and international payment landscape? Who should have access to CBDCs, and how?
- What should be the scope of the CBDC: should it be a wholesale or retail CBDC?
- What is the impact on the banking system? How will CBDC deliver financial stability?
- What legal framework is necessary to implement a CBDC?
- Which technical solutions are available? Which advantages offer the various solutions? How will these work for privacy and security issues?
- Which monetary and financial policy options are available and should be considered?
- And more
The agenda of the CBDC Conference will review these issues. The attendees will have the opportunity to hear first-hand from and engage in enlightening discussions with the experts active in this space.
Retail banks have an established position and play a well-defined role in the domestic and international banking, credit, and payment system. The introduction of CBDC has, however, the potential to fundamentally alter this system.
But how would the CBDC fit into today’s payment and banking systems? And how could the new retail banking landscape look like, and what would be the role of the retail banks and other financial institutions, including the central banks, therein? Last but not least, how should the retail bank sector prepare for this new landscape?
Representatives from the banking sector will address these issues, and are happy to discuss them with the conference attendees.
Ever more powerful and sophisticated hardware and software open up new perspectives on technical solutions. But what is technically possible today? And which solution works best for the particular requirements of a specific central bank?
For example, Distributed Ledger Technology has benefits but are they needed? How resilient can you make CBDCs and how do you offer an off-line solution? Is it possible to comply with “Know Your Customer” and “Anti Money Laundering” regulations? How could it work internationally?
Experts in this field will give answers to these questions, and help the central banks and retail banks navigate the technical challenges.
Listen to the experts in this field. Engage in lively discussions. Learn first-hand from other professionals. Connect with representatives of the different stakeholders.
Multiple streams. Multiple formats.
Each and every individual delegate’s interests are different, but they all have in common the desire to learn, to share and to discuss.
The CBDC Conference caters to all these different interests by offering multiple streams running in parallel, allowing attendees to choose the session on their preferred topic. It does so by using different presentation and discussion formats, allowing attendees not only to listen, but to engage actively in in-depth discussions and learn.